My Sunday morning started with purchasing a positivity magazine from Dotty Delightful. I can highly recommend it and below is a link to purchase something that for the price of a coffee will lift you longer than the caffeine high.
Dotty Delightful Rainbow Positivity Magazine Etsy Shop
I love colour and positivity and this was brimming with it, just flicking through the pages instantly made me feel relaxed and lighter.
One of the pages was about gratitude and asked you to list 10 things that you are grateful for.
If you are like me, then your Facebook page is always filled with positive memes and recommendations for gratitude. Sometimes we can see something so much that we can switch off from it and forget about the power that it has.
I knew that I had positivity fatigue as I looked and thought “yeah I know I need to be grateful” and as I heard myself say that I realised that I had “positivity fatigue” and needed to remedy it quick.
So if you are filled with so much positivity but know that somewhere it isn’t working then take the time to do this, reconnect properly with gratitude.
1. Get your journal, paper, pens and block out half an hour from the people in your life (they will really benefit, because at the end of it they will get the new and improved version of you).
2. Firstly centre yourself, you do this by just closing your eyes, making sure your feet are on the floor and just take 3 nice deep breaths.
3. Write “I am grateful for (fill in the blank) because………… (the power is in the” because ” it helps it stop just being a list and really helps you to connect to the reasons why).
4. Repeat step 3 nine more times.
5. Go back to your life with a much more relaxed and calm centre, you and the people around you will appreciate it.
If you want see more of Dotty Delightful and what she does
My next Journaling For Self Love course starts on Thursday 8th June
4 thoughts on “Self Love Day 22 – Gratitude are you doing it properly? ”
Thanks for the tips!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s a pleasure I hope they help
LikeLiked by 1 person
Really enjoyed this 🙂 Thanks for your input. Love your writing.
Thank you so much, I’m glad you enjoyed it x