Journaling, the how to basics……
When you journal you are getting in touch with your subconscious, a part of you, so treat yourself well. Find a nice quiet space, I personally like to light candles, incense, put on my healing music, cuddle up under a blanket and write with lovely coloured pens and in a beautiful notebook. Treat yourself well, treat yourself like royalty, a good journaling session can be a luxurious and nurturing activity.
Relax knowing that whatever you write is perfect, don’t hold back if you feel that its not what you should be writing, just look at the prompts and just allow yourself to flow. You will be pleasantly surprised by what you uncover.
These are your prompts
- How am I actually feeling about this situation (no holds barred, you don’t have to share this with anybody you just need to actually acknowledge and feel your feelings).
- When have I felt like this before? What was the situation, who was involved, what was the outcome?
- What did I learn about myself in this situation?
- If I had a crystal ball what would that tell me? (this is a fabulous no holds barred coaching strategy, because somewhere we know what is happening, we just haven’t found a way to verbalise it yet).
- Go back and do it again, yes again, its amazing when you go back to something how you may a have another layer of understanding. If you can, redo it 3 times and see what happens.
Good luck with this, be kind and gentle with yourself you are doing a great job.
For more information about my upcoming course click on the link below