One of my journaling strategies for improving self love is something that I call Self Love Actions. I am completing a course with Tiffany Crosara (I highly recommend her work http://www.tiffanycrosara.co.uk) and on it we were introduced to what Tiffany calls “Tada’s” which is any action that after you have completed it you would say “tadaaaaa”.
I have been working with these and recently felt inspired to call mine Self Love Actions. You write in your beautiful journal all the actions that you have taken that day that are of a self loving nature. I have been doing this for quite a few months now and have found that it really makes a difference to how you feel about yourself, but I feel that size is important.
Traditionally we only recognise big achievements and anything less than that was not worth mentioning. When building your self love muscle it is important to recognise every little aspect of what you do. In doing so you start to become your own best cheerleader. You are training your brain to look for the positive all the time. It works so well that when you are having a bad day all you need to do is take an SLA pill and it all starts to feel better. A Self Love Action Pill is just you mentally listing all your SLA’s for the last 24 hours and as that starts to flood through your system, the medication starts to work and you instantly start to feel better.
Try it, start to list all the small things you have achieved in a day and over time you will have your very own little medicine cabinet full of SLA’s.
This April there are lots of things happening astrologically; Pam Carruthers (www.healingstars.com) a great astrologer is doing a free webinar next Thursday to go through what it means and how it could affect you.
There has been a lot happening energetically and lots of people have felt it in different ways. Some have felt they have been kept behind in class to redo their homework. Issues in your life you thought were sorted have kept coming up to be reassessed, some with a teachers big cross against it.
In May the rocket launches; there has been a good reason for the delay, there always is with the universe. This feeling of being kept behind after school has all been about checking your travel plans.
Have you got your bags packed, double checked that your passport is up to date and in the right name and is this the right flight for you to be on? Once this rocket takes off there is no turning back, you don’t want to be zooming off into outer space and looking out of the window saying “oh bugger it wasn’t Venus I wanted to go to it was Mars”, it’s a long way back!
So check in with yourself; a great friend of mine Christine Levy introduced me to this and it has been a life saver. Checking in every day
- Are you where you want to be?
- If not are you at least travelling down the right road to get to the place that you want to be (if your heart is in the North and you are travelling down the M6 southwards, is it time to turn around).
- If you are not where you want to be, are you taking actions which eventually would take you down the right road. If you are facing the right direction when the energies take off, you will at least be taken in the right direction.
- So if you are unhappy with your career have you at least started to put a plan into place even if it is a plan to help you find what you want to do.
- Are you happy with the people you have in your lives, are they the people who you want to take on your space ship; if they are have you got the right connections with them, are there any untruths needing to be spoken about? Once you get out into space, any loose connections or blockages will come flying at you both, it is much better to get them checked out whilst on solid ground.
This is a very important time in your life for checking in with yourself on every area; time spent doing it now will save lots of hassle later on. You may get to Venus and quite like it and think” ooh maybe it is not such a bad place after all”, but if your heart was intent on travelling to Mars there will be some sorting out to do . Take time this weekend to do an inventory check of your life – what areas are you happy with and what areas need some new thinking. If you are not even sure what areas of your life are, then have a look at a wheel of life. Happy checking in Jennifer xxxx